Monday, July 2, 2012

Trip to Cataluña: Day 3

Colourful war

Day 3,  13:21

This morning we went hiking at a nacional park. The views were really amazing. Simply breathtaking. I loved it.







Day 3,  16:14

After hiking we went to an activity centre, in which we still are, to have lunch and do our next two activities: quads and paintball.
But of course, we didn't do them inmediatly after lunch, so we went to the swimming pool, where I lived an unexpected adventure. After the boys had gotten bored of swimming alone, they started throwing the girls which were sunbathing into the water. And I'm proud to say that I was the one who resited them longer. Of course, there was a price to pay for this achievement. I had to run around all of the pool holding on to all trees as strong as I could. In the end they attacked me with a hose from each side so I had no way out and then they grabbed me and trew me into the pool. It was hilarious.
Now I'm waiting next to the quads until it's my groups turn. Wish me luck!


Day 3,  18:06

I've learned an important lesson today: I'm a terrible driver! I kept stopping and almost banged against the borders at least one hundred times in the last ten minutes. And I banged against my english teacher! But that was really not my fault, it was him who was going to quickly and tried to get past me without turning properly. Really! I hope I'm a little bit better at paintball...





Day 3,  20:19

Ok, so before I start talking about my paintball experience, I want to make sure you know what you are doing if you ever decide to do paintball. If you have ever talked to somebody who has done paintball before, they've probably told you it doesn't hurt. It just stitches a little and in a second that pain will be gone. Ready for the truth? It does hurt. I was lucky (or am a good player, but this is less likely) and was only hit once. At that moment I was really distracted shooting other other people, so it hurted a lot, but I didn't give it a lot of attention. Now I've got a bruise in the size of the bullet which is burning and hurts like mad when I move my arm (I was hit on the shoulder). And some of my less lucky classmates were hit 4 or 5 times and were even bleeding.
But apart from the pain, I must say that it was pretty cool. Hiding behind trees and trying to find a target which was near enough to hit him properly gave me a feeling of adrenaline that made me feel fantastic and alive. At that moment, all my attention was directed towards the game. All my problems, fears and complains suddenly disappeared. It was just me and the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment