Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Trip to Cataluña: Day 1

Rainy arrival


Day 1,  15:12

So here I am, sitting on the bus, listening to some music, half asleep, but half awake, starting my next adventure. After standing up at half past six and spending two hours at the airport and three at the plane, it doesn't surprise me that we are all so sleepy. And just by thinking of the five hour long bus journey that awaits me makes me want to get out of here and run and jump and scream at the top of my lungs, so I can feel alive again. But of course, I wouldn't be torturing myself like this if it wasn't worth it. Over the next six days I'm going to be such activities as hiking, rafting and paintball in the spanish Pyrenees. And, of course, I'll keep you updated on all events of my journey.
The flight was quite calm. We had no... Ups, have I forgotten to explain who "we" are? This is a school trip. I'm here with all the other students of my year group. However, I don't really go to school trips often, unless the itinerary is cool, and I've never seen one which is this cool.
So, back to were I was:
We had no important incidents worth mentioning there. We had, however, a little missunderstandment when picking up our luggagge. One of our teachers realised that hers had been stolen, as it wasn't were she had left it. After going around looking for it, one of the students exclaimed, "hey, silly, wasn't your suitcase plain, without those caros?" and he was right, the boy had taken the teacher suitcase without even realising it. And the funny thing is that the two suitcases didn't even look alike!


Day 1,  18:06

This bus journey never seems to come to an end. Now it's also started raining. I love the rain. Watching it is so inspiring and relaxing. The sound of rain is so much better than any music in the world. I'm desperate to get out now. It doesn't really rain a lot in Gran Canaria, so right now I just want to get out and feel the soft touch of the drops of water against my face. We were told half an hour ago that in ten minutes we would make a stop to strecht our legs and go to the toilet. That should have happened 20 minutes ago, and I don't think we are stopping soon, as we are in the middle of nowhere, but I really hope that it's still raining when we finally get out of here.



Day 1, 18:43

We finally arrived at a small village, were we spent 20 minutes. It was still raining, when we arrived, but not as heavy as before and it stopped after the first few minutes. Now I'm back on the bus, ready to for another 2 hours of our ride.


Day 1,  23:42

The hotel in which we are staying is wonderful. I'm sharing a room with 4 other girls in the attic, while the rest of the people are all one floor below us. I love our room. It has a mysterious atmosphere. When we first got here the other girls said it was scary, but I think it's simply amazing. And I can hear the rain from here.



We were told at dinner, that we need to stand up at 7 tomorrow. I feel exhausted just by thinking about it... Then another long bus journey awaits us to get to our destination: the river "Noruega Pallaresa" in which we will first go rafting and then do hydrospeed. I've never done rafting before, but I know what it is about, and I know it will be fun, but I don't even know what hydrospeed is. But it sounds really exciting and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment